Business Immigration Paralegal & Assistant
We are seeking an experienced legal assistant or paralegal on a full-time basis who meets the following requirements:
Education & Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree, or comparable education (e.g., paralegal certification).
- Required: Fluency in Spanish; Preferred: Brazilian Portuguese.
- Required: 1 to 2 years of paralegal or legal assistant or comparable experience working in a law office.
- Preferred: Experience in business immigration filings and family immigration filings, but not required.
- Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers.
- Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues, and legal service vendors by phone and email.
- Screen potential clients by phone and email.
- Attend client meetings and keep notes.
- Write synopses of client inquiries, business information about clients, and client related research tasks for the filing of immigration matters.
- Conduct documentary research of immigration records.
- Prepare immigration legal documents such as forms, exhibit lists, and related matters.
- Preserve an updated case record system.
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by using case management systems, including using office technology and provide timely reminders.
- Knowledge or ability to learn the immigration procedural system.
- Knowledge of Office 365 and its apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, etc.) and ability to work with immigration case forms technology.
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills.
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
Apply now for Business Immigration Paralegal/Assistant
To apply, please fill out your application below.
HARRISLAW is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, heritage, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.